Here at the Job Search Bible we are always on the lookout for guest authors to share their thoughts and advice on job searching and career development. That way, we have a broader and more diverse range of useful information we can share with our readers.
So if you’re interested in writing a one-off guest article, or even a multi-article series, then we’re keen to hear from you!
What to write about
We cover a wide range of topics, but the articles that are of most interest to us (and our readers) would cover the following types of topics:
- Job searching: Advice and guidance to help readers who are specifically looking for a new job (e.g. tips on writing a resume / CV, job searching techniques, etc.)
- Career development / progression: More general career advice that can be applied at anytime through a career, not just when job searching
- Market / industry specifics: More specialist advice on job searching and career progression focused on niche sectors and industries
If you have a topic in mind for an article but you’re not sure if it is something that we would be interested, please do get in touch and we can discuss on an individual basis.
Guidelines for guest articles
For us to publish a guest article, the article MUST be:
- Truly great content that provides genuinely useful advice or guidance, such as ‘how-to’ guides, actionable tips, practical advice and useful know-how are good examples of useful content;
- Well researched, citing sources where required, rather than simply opinion-based;
- At least 1,000 words in length, ideally longer (over 2,000 words is preferred). This helps ensure that the article is sufficiently detailed to provide sufficient value to the reader;
- Completely unique (i.e. not be published, in part or in whole, anywhere else). All articles will be run through Copyscape to ensure their uniqueness;
- Focused on a niche topic that is relevant to job searching or career development. General topics that have been covered to death will not be published;
- Written to a very high standard of English, with no spelling or grammatical errors;
- Free from obviously spammy links. Outbound links that benefit the reader are fine, and are encouraged, but non-useful outbound links will be removed.
- All articles will be subject to editing from us (although we are generally pretty hands-off);
- The article rights will belong to Job Search Bible (although you will, of course, be credited for writing it);
- Guest authors are expected to support the promotion of the article, through their social media channels and any other relevant means;
- All submissions should be in Word format, sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading ‘Simply Brilliant Guest Article’. Any submissions received without this subject heading will be deleted on the basis that you have not fully read these guidelines.
What’s in it for you?
Writing a guest article for us can provide great exposure for you, your company or your brand. If you are looking to establish or confirm your status as an a authoritative figure in our field then guest articles are a great way to do that.
Each article has an ‘About the Author’ section which can include links to your chosen site (as long as it’s relevant of course!) or social media accounts.
Outbound links to your site in the body of the article are acceptable where it makes sense and adds value to the reader. Such links are a vital help in your SEO efforts.
In summary, the benefits of writing a guest article for us are:
- Get your ideas in front of thousands of readers;
- Generate awareness for you, your company or your brand;
- Networking within your industry;
- Establish yourself as an industry authority or thought leader;
- And of course, a nice link or two to your website!
What to do next
If you would like to write a guest article please get in touch, either by emailing us directly on email@example.com or by completing the form below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.